Installing a hot tub in the backyard or indoors is one of the most common requirements these days. The hot tub is a portable spa that uses a vessel specially designed to give amazing hydrotherapy advantages. It is essential that there are some requirements fulfilled and procedures involved when installing a hot tube by handyman jobs in pensacola, fl.
What are the electrical requirements for installing a hot tub?
There are certain electrical criteria to be satisfied before installing a hot tube. The requisites for a hot tube installation is110V or 240V of electricity. While the 110V model simply involves a plug and use system, the 240V model requires the expertise of a professional electrician for installing and setting up the hot tub system by carefully running the appropriate wires to the hot tub from the electrical panels. Also, it is quintessential to have a levelled concrete pad or a reinforced deck, in short, a solid firm surface on which the hot tub can be installed.
Things Need to be Known Before Installing the Hot Tube
- The National Electrical Code of the Hot tub – The NEC hot tub electrical code needs to be read carefully and understood clearly. They mention the technical and electrical requisites specifically to the hot tub so that there are no risks coming into the picture.
- Flexible Connections for a Hot Tub – Generally hot tubs come with a lot of flexible connections such as the liquid-tight flexible metallic or nin-metallic conduit which is up to 6 meters long and cord-and-plug connections with a GFCI protection enabled cord which is long up to 15 meters.
- The Emergency Shut-off – A clearly specified and labelled emergency hot tub shut-off must be within the reach and sight of the hot tub users.
The Don’ts of Hot Tub Installation
- Do not use the power lines under the hot tub installation. This violates the NEC and more importantly, it is very unsafe.
- Using underground wiring for outdoor hot tubs is a no and even if it required, it is necessary to install the wiring encapsulated in a firm metal conduit or intermediate metal conduit or in a nonmetallic raceway system.
- It is also vital to note that there should be no low voltage lighting installation approximately within 15 meters of the hot tub.
There are numerous other codes and standards to be followed along with the do’s and don’ts while installing a hot tube. Hence, it is important to consult handyman jobs in pensacola, flfor a hot tub installation.